Saturday, December 10, 2011

Cracker Crusted Eggplant

Cracker Crusted Eggplant


Last night was relax/movie/wine night for me after a long day, and I was STARVING, so in true fashion I started cooking before I even got my work shoes off.  

All I could scrap up was half of an eggplant, and a togo box with pretty basic crackers (like the kind they serve on a cracker and cheese tray.)  All I did was crunch up the crackers and added some flour, then seasoned with cajun seasoning.  For the dipping liquid I mixed soy milk with dijon mustard and made it kind-of thick so it would adhere to the eggplant.  Slice the eggplant semi-thin and dip in sauce.  Heat up a sautee pan (I used canola oil), just dip and coat with the cracker mixture then sautee (or fry lol depending what makes you feel better) until golden brown.


(I apologize for the lack of pictures, I think I was so hungry I didn't even think until after to take some pics)

SAUCE: As mentioned in an earlier post, I love to doctor basic jarred sauces because it saves you so much time, and you can save the jar for storing just about anything.

So, I microwaved some basic jarred marinara sauce with basil and thyme from my porch garden, soy margarine, minced garlic, dash of onion salt, and crushed red pepper flakes.







No comments:

Post a Comment