Monday, November 21, 2011

Best Baked Eggplant

My mom absolutely hates eggplant, I am thinking that this must be rooted from somewhere in her childhood, and I am constantly trying to get her to re-try it.  So far, I'm unsuccessful, but one day...  :)

PREP- I placed 3 containers side by side, one with organic soy milk (mixed with dijon mustard,) one with unseasoned organic bread crumbs, and one with organic wheat flour.  Lay parchment paper out on a baking sheet pan, and preheat your oven to 400.  Slice eggplant (about 1/2 inch thick) slices, I don't mind the skin so I didn't peel it but feel free to.  Press each slice so that most of the moisture is taken out.

COAT the slices into the flour, and then DIP in the soy milk/mustard, then directly to the bread crumbs...place on baking sheet.

BRUSH each slice with EVOO and season with salt and pepper.




BAKE for about 15-20, or until CRISPY!


I like to top it with spicy marinara sauce, I usually buy very plain sauce in a jar and make it my own.  Adding fresh herbs, crushed red pepper flakes, red wine, etc.  HINT*-Always keep your glass jars, they wash in the dishwasher and can be reused to keep leftover sauces-see my pickle jar :)









1 comment:

  1. Ok, so- I'm no where near Vegan, but your recipes look delicious! If nothing else I'm bound to get a little healthier! My boy and I love to eat healthy trying new recipes so we'll have to pick one from here!! Excited to keep looking!
    *Krystina
    cupahotchocolate.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete