Monday, November 21, 2011

Mini Phyllo cups :)

Half of my family is Greek so phyllo is something I'm used to eating.  The thing is that every-single-layer is supposed to be brushed with butter, hence the flaky-ness.  I've made food using phyllo dough before and simply just brushed each layer with Earth Balance.  BUT, for an easy appetizer or snack you can simply buy the mini phyllo cups in the frozen isle of your favorite grocery store (just make sure to check the ingredients,) and stuff them with whatever you like.

 
So I heart caramelized onions in any way, shape, and form- I just sauteed red and white onions with a little of fresh thyme and red wine....placed it inside the pre-cooked phyllo cups and baked until golden brown.  Topped the cups with a balsamic reduction (hint- weirdly enough the microwave + coffee mug works for a quick reduction.)

******************************************************************************
DESSERT
Super simple, I just bought some frozen black cherries and heated them up with some agave nectar and sprinkle of brown sugar, filled and baked until golden brown.

No comments:

Post a Comment